5/3/2021 Register now for the annual education conference!
August 12-14 2021, Hilton Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport
Breeders, pet owners, zoo keepers, veterinarians, all in one place!
Call 952-854-2100 or click the link below:
Book your hotel room
Who the AFA serves
We serve the United States and the international community of people who keep birds, such as bird breeders, pet owners, veterinarians, and conservation scientists. We also provide factual information to those who regulate the keeping of birds, so decision-makers have access to accurate, up-to-date information.
- Annual educational conference to share the best bird breeding, keeping, and avian medicine practices.
- Magazine about bird breeding, bird keeping, and conservation.
- We make our article archive available free online.
- 50+ years of issues!
- We provide educational courses about birds for children and adults.
- Network bird clubs and bird keeping businesses with our members, to keep the bird community together to learn and problem-solve.
- Disaster relief that meets the special needs of bird owners and breeders during crises.
- Informing legislators so laws about bird keeping are based on accurate information.
- Traceable-to-breeder program with our special AFA leg bands to increase tracking of birds between private facilities, and to help bring lost or stolen birds home!
- Bird band registry for owners and breeders to register ownership of their birds and to help bring lost birds home.
- Funding and awareness of conservation and research activities that involve birds.
- Members’ free “fast ads” to connect to each other for buying and selling.
How to support our mission
A recognized non-profit
The mission and purpose of AFA shall be to promote the advancement of Aviculture through educational programs that support the advancement and improvement of breeding practices, husbandry practices, and living conditions for exotic birds, conservation, research and legislative awareness.