AFA’s Avian Biology Classroom (ABC) is available to anyone eager to learn and share the science of aviculture.
Bird clubs, teachers and others who are dedicated to the education of others can download this program and begin learning about the biology of the feathered species with which we share our lives.
Presentation download available as PPT and PDF.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to open and view any PDF files.
Module 1: Scientific Method
- The Kakapo (.ppt)
- The Kakapo (.pdf)
- Scientific Method Notes (.pdf)
- Avian Science in Action: Owls (.pdf)
Module 2: Characteristics of Life
- Characteristics of Life (.ppt)
- Characteristics of Life (.pdf)
- Characteristics of Life Notes (.pdf)
- Avian Science in Action: Blue-throated Macaws (.pdf)
- Avian Science in Action: Lear’s Macaws (.pdf)
Module 3: Populations
- Populations (.ppt)
- Populations Notes (.pdf)
- Avian Science in Action: Gouldian Finch (.pdf)
- Populations Activity: Puerto Rican Parrot (.pdf)
Module 4: Mendelian Genetics
- Mendelian Genetics (.ppt)
- Mendelian Genetics Notes (.pdf)
- Activity (.pdf)
- Activity Reference Sheet (.pdf)
- Activity Data (.pdf)
- Activity Data Key (.pdf)
Module 5: Ecological Terminology